Wednesday, October 6, 2010

First photo gig!

A few weekends ago, I had my first opportunity to be a paid photographer. My brother's co-worker was looking for someone to take pics at his 26th birthday party in Downtown LA, and my brother recommended me. I admit, I was nervous at first because the pictures I've taken have always been for personal use...but I think I did pretty well :) These are just a few pictures (out of over 300) that I liked, and there's Brandon, the birthday man. Cheers.

It was nice to have an excuse to dress up a little. We looked good together.


The bar/lounge is part of a hotel, so there was a very nice lobby for waiting...and for me to come sit and take some very needed mini-breaks from the heat and from standing for a little over 4 hours in heels.
At first, it was a little awkward walking up to strangers to take their picture. I don't think anyone knew who I was at first, but they caught on. I also didn't know who Brandon's friends were so it was hard keeping track of who was with his party and who wasn't. I got the pictures to him a few days later and he paid me :) I'm very interested in doing this again, and getting more into doing something that I really enjoy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job.. you did very well.. im sure if you put the word out you will get more gigs.