Monday, February 14, 2011

By the sea, you and me

This Valentine's is one for the books! Dominic, my sweetheart, my Valentine, had been planning something SPECIAL and best of all, SECRET, for me for some time. I can tell that all week long leading up to yesterday (when we celebrated it) he had been growing more excited and almost kid-like, just thinking about his plans. It's been pretty cute to see :) Well, I've always wanted for someone to plan something for me and I just...show up. That's exactly what happened. I was to be ready by 3pm, and off we went.

We finally got to the 1 hwy and soon as the ocean was supposed to be visible, there was nothing but clouds and fog. You couldn't see a thing off over the side of the road and Dominic was SO BUMMED! His plans have been ruined, he said. He carried on anyways and pulled over the side of the road to park at "the spot."
He told me everything he had planned, and we THOUGHT the evening was a bust....so we climbed down to the beach and threw the frisbee for the dog. At least SHE would have some fun.

We checked out some sea anemones and mussels...
...and what do you know it, the fog began to clear...at least down low along the water. So, we carried on with his PLANS! He had packed a cooler with pork chops and zucchini to grill in the back of his truck. He bought a few side dishes from Vons' deli, a Corona for each of us and 2 individual fruit tarts for dessert. How cute and sweet is that?!
He even packed our fancy camping table, 2 chairs, a few blankets to snuggle in, some tea-lite candles AND bought me a lovely bouquet of flowers :) It was so romantic to be alone, sitting up above the ocean with an incredible view...and a delicious meal that was planned and prepared just for me.
Dominic planned for us to arrive here just in time to eat and enjoy the sunset. Because of the cloud cover he thought that the part he was looking forward to the most wouldn't happen....but slowly....it did. I think it was even more gorgeous with the clouds than on a clear night :)
Thanks baby, for making me feel special and loved. Did you notice I could hardly stop smiling? You've given me my best Valentine's yet :)

0 comments: