Thursday, February 17, 2011

...put me in Coach!


SOOOO STOKED!!!!!!!!!

Today at work, I was told that a pretty big group of my co-workers are putting together a kickball team through WAKA (World Adult Kickball Association). Do I want to join? Um, does a bear sh*t in the woods?? (although I've never witnessed it, I've been told it does). HECK YEAH I want to join! Last day to register yourself for the Winter season is tomorrow, don't worry, I did as soon as I got home :) It costs some $$ but it covers your official shirt, referees and reserving fields. Every Friday night (starting NEXT week) for 8 weeks, I'll be straight up ball kickin' and sharing some beverages with some of the coolest people I get the pleasure to work with. Although we have more than necessary, the minimum is 6 males and 6 females per team. At the end of all the fun, the top team from each league competes in Las Vegas sometime in October :) And well, since one of my administrators at work said today, "Hey, all I can say is that we will have failed as a team if we wake up Saturday morning and remember what the score was from last night"...I'm pretty sure we won't be heading to Vegas. We're gonna have a damn good time though, trying :) I've been wanting to join some sort of team sport for a while now. I played soccer for about 8 years growing up and I was on my high school's soccer team. Duh, this isn't soccer, but still...I CAN'T WAIT!!! Stand by for pictures to illustrate these shenanigans :)

0 comments: