Tuesday, July 7, 2009

¿Habla español?


Finally, I'm an owner of the Rosetta Stone software for learning Spanish (Latin America), levels 1,2 AND 3!!! It was given to me as a "gift", downloaded free from the Internet. The whole set costs a whopping $499....whoa. I've only just begun my Spanish adventure with the program, but I do have an advantage. Not only have I taken Spanish all through high school and a few years of it in college (passing with flying colors each time) but I am also half Mexican! My mother speaks Spanish fluently which gives me a chance to practice what I've learned. Many family members on her side don't speak English and some still live on the family's ranch in Mexico. I've slacked big time on practicing the language and I've decided that it's about time I get back on track to becoming fluent. It's one of my goals to visit my grandparents and some uncles in Mexico very soon, but not until I can actually carry a full conversation with them in Spanish. I'm really hoping that Rosetta Stone does the trick. I've only been using it for a few days but so far so good. It's pretty easy since I already have a solid BASIC Spanish foundation. I've read that I have to wait until levels 2 and 3 before it gets more converstional and a bit more challenging.


I'll update on my thoughts and reviews the further I get into the program.
Hasta luego =)

0 comments: