Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'd like to dedicate a song...



...to a friend who chose to take his own life 2 nights ago. I know how, but I don't know why...we can only speculate. I found out the news yesterday and it didn't hit me until today. I've been saddened by his decision because I can't imagine having such feelings that would push me to end something so precious and beautiful. His family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers. His roomate (and my good friend) who had to find him is especially on my mind and I wish him well. Alex, I'm so sorry that you couldn't find a single reason worth living for. May you rest in peace, friend. Today, I've been replaying this song. I dedicate it to Alex and to everyone who is headed down the same road.

"Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M.
(but I like the Corrs version better)

When the day is long and the night, the night is yours alone,
When youre sure youve had enough of this life, well hang on.
Dont let yourself go, everybody cries and everybody hurts sometimes.

Sometimes everything is wrong. now its time to sing along.
When your day is night alone, (hold on, hold on)
If you feel like letting go, (hold on)
When you think youve had too much of this life, well hang on.

Everybody hurts. take comfort in your friends.
Everybody hurts. dont throw your hand. oh, no. dont throw your hand.
If you feel like youre alone, no, no, no, you are not alone

If youre on your own in this life, the days and nights are long,
When you think youve had too much of this life to hang on.

Well, everybody hurts sometimes,
Everybody cries. and everybody hurts sometimes.
And everybody hurts sometimes. so, hold on, hold on.
Hold on, hold on. hold on, hold on. hold on, hold on. (repeat & fade)
(everybody hurts. you are not alone.)


0 comments: