Sunday, September 13, 2009

LA County Fair!

The LA Fair is up and running! I've been years ago but barely remember it and one other time last year for a field trip at work...supervising a group of kids the whole time, so I really didn't get to see or do much. This year, I went on opening weekend on Sunday with Dominic, Jon & Noelle and their baby, Chase. Jon's family met us there although we split up soon after we arrived.
Photobucket
It was a HOT day..I think in the 90s. All of us were sticky and sweaty by the end. Little Chase was feeling the heat, too. Dom kept him cool by wetting his little hat and shirt with cold water. Lucky guy's got a pretty sweet uncle!
Photobucket
A handsome one, too ;)
Photobucket
Because it was so hot, we pretty much had a beer, margarita, or mojito in our hand at all times. Wow, the drinks and food are EXPENSIVE! Just two 20 oz. cups of beer costs $18! We were glad to only have paid $1 for the entrance fee. We all indulged on fatty yet delicious fair food...you have to get the full fair experience. We ate tri-tip sandwiches, pulled pork sandwiches, hot dog on a stick, burrito, I had an amazing crepe and Dom and I split a fried s'more and fried twinkie. I surprisingly left the fair without actually purchasing any items.

So towards the end of our fair adventure, full of drinking, eating, walking, sweating, DRINKING, walking, checking out merchandise, petting zoos and more WALKING...Noelle and I had the idea to be "ejected"...um, A LOT...of feet into the air in this 2-person seat attached to bungee cords. "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit" is what I kept repeating and after coming back down Noelle chimes in with "I'm glad I'm drunk" :) We actually bought the DVD footage of our daring experience! Hopefully I can figure out how to put it on the computer and on HERE for your viewing and listening pleasure.
Photobucket
We ended our night with a free concert of country singers Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert. That was my favorite part of the day...aww ;)
Photobucket
I had a pretty rad time hanging out with good people and chatting it up all day with Noelle. Dom and I were just talking this morning about going to the fair a second time this year. This time we won't spend so much $$ and beer and food and actually try to see more shows and fun demonstrations...and on a MUCH cooler day.

0 comments: