Thursday, July 22, 2010

A family picnic...

Two weekends ago, Dominic's family had their annual picnic at a nearby park. Everyone was assigned an item or a dish to bring to provide enough food to eat. Pot Luck style is always the way to go :) It was a really nice day, Sunday, and the turnout was great. I got to meet quite a few members of his family that I haven't met before. I also got to spend time with a few of my favorites who I haven't seen since Easter, I think. They're such great people...and they like me :)

Dom made shish-kabobs..delicious. I made a non-traditional potato salad with a yogurt base, rather than mayo. It had asparagus, bacon, capers and artichoke hearts, too.

Dom's dad handed over his apron to Dom for the day. If the shoe fits...wear it.
I did my part to make sure the sausages and hot dogs didn't burn. I love my picnic blanket in the background. It's been in my family for years.

It's always a pleasure chatting with Dom's sister and brother-in-law.
A mother-daughter moment. A few minutes before, Kimmy told her mom the news...a baby is on the way :) I got a little misty-eyed.
Now for a Rick and Roxi moment.
The after-party nap back at Dom's was the $h*t ;)
No, really....we passed out. I was super tired, full and dehydrated after this and the long night before of preparing the food. Til next year...

0 comments: