Monday, July 12, 2010

to the falls we go

During the middle of last week, Dominic and I went on an afternoon hike to Sturtevant Falls in Santa Anita. We've done part of this hike before, but there are a few different trails to take. It was a really nice day and perfect weather for working up a little sweat.

I LOVE this sign. I really want these words somewhere in my home. The sign "gets" us :) I've got a handsome hiking partner ;)



girlfriends
We made it to the falls pretty easily. The hike is beautiful, and full of shade.
There was a pretty decent size group of people that were just sitting around the falls, enjoying the view. I accidentally slipped on a rock and fell in the creek. The whole left side of my butt and leg was soaked! Haaaaa what a dork.
There's a little "store" by the parking lot that we checked out after the hike, but it was closed. They had these guys right across from it, and up the hill we could see some donkeys...and hear them.
The hike (round trip) was 4 miles I think. We only did part of it, but the whole loop is 9 miles...which I want to go back and do soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

5 miles...
i look so serious in those pics..
and yes you are a dork for falling into the water

Momista Beginnings said...

oh..well i stand corrected. and, you look manly ;) ha. now let's try out your new thing of stating a few POSITIVE remarks...