Thursday, July 22, 2010

I LOVE....lucy

Last week was the first week of teaching summer school. I'm teaching art to Kindergarten through the 3rd grade, and the 4th-7th grade is by sign-up only (46 students). I was pretty nervous leading up to this week, because I'm only used to teaching up to the 3rd grade. I've always been a little uncomfortable around the older kids, not sure of how to approach them. What was I so worried about, they're awesome! I'd SO trade jobs with their usual art teacher, any day (I'm taking her place for the first 3 weeks because she's on vacation in Thailand). They are amazing artists, and I don't have to waste class time constantly telling them to sit on their bottoms, don't touch this, quiet down, stay in your seat, the difference between left and right, how to stay in the lines when coloring, how to hold a paintbrush, etc.

The week was SUPER HOT!!! I think it was in the mid 90s..and my car of 10 years has no working air conditioning. I was dying in that car...I'd get out of it after a 5 minute drive and I'd have wet sweat spots on my clothes...yuck. I'd been saving (for not very long) to buy another car and I wanted to wait until the END of the year to have a larger down payment, but the heat got to me. I couldn't take it any longer. BIG THANKS to Dominic, for offering to head over to Carmax to check out their stock. If he hadn't been free, I would never have gone by myself. Well, I knew exactly what I wanted when we walked in, so we didn't browse the cars at all. We spent 5 minutes looking over the car, and about 4 hours going through the car buying process! Oh man, it took so long...but worth it in the end. I was approved, and found out I have GOOD credit! woohoo :) I'm responsible like that.
Ok, so here she is...meet Lucy (Dom's name suggestion). I got a 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer...WITH air conditioning! I loooooove it. LOVE IT! I've been wanting a larger car for years. It better fits my outdoor loving lifestyle. I'll be able to fit all my camping gear..the dog (and MY future dog)...and my future babies ;) NO, I will NOT be driving around a minivan. Not gonna happen. Anyways, I'm so much happier now with Lucy. Every time I see her, I smile and/or giggle. Cool!

0 comments: