Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Connections


Ugh...

I think maybe the new year is responsible for this...
I've seen one too many commercials on TV for Eharmony.com, Match.com, etc...I can't remember all of them, there's so many.

They all ask the same thing, "Wouldn't you like to know who YOU would be matched up with?"  To which I always respond with "Yes" (outloud, ha).  That's exactly what did me in about a year ago when I kept hearing the dumb commercials.  I'm a very curious person so of course I checked it out.  The commercials tell you that you can set up a free account to see who your matches are.  Wrong.  You can set up a free account and then READ about who your matches are.  You can't see their picture or communicate with them in any way.  At least that's how Eharmony does it.  After a few weeks of just browsing over profiles for fun...curiosity kicked in again.  I was reading so many great profiles from guys that seemed really cool, of course I came across much more that weren't so cool.  I gave in!  I wasn't even really interested in finding someone at that time, I wasn't looking for a relationship.  I was living in San Diego and enjoying the single life. 

*AHH!  I just heard a Match.com commercial right now! haha.

Oh by the way, I have trouble watching infomercials without purchasing what's on the screen.  I'm a proud owner of the Magic Bullet!  It's a food blender, processor thingy.  I've only made chocolate mouse and salsa with it.  Wow, I really should dig that out of whatever box it's hiding in and test out a few more recipes...I mean, it does come with 101!  

So...it was killing me to NOT push the button to buy a few months of Eharmony so that I could actually see faces!  To avoid death by suspense, I finally did it.  I spent like $130 on 3 months of Eharmony!  Haha.  It wasn't long before my inbox was full with requests to get to know me.  I denied hundreds over those months.  It wasn't until the very last month that I said to myself, "Ok dork, you impulsively bought this service, you might as well use it!"  As weirded out by it as I was, I actually talked to one guy on the phone...who was soooooo boring!  Oh...my ...word....we spoke for about an hour about things that I could care less about!  I was being nice, I didn't know how to hang up with him...or say no to a date!  Ha.  I never went on it though, I told him I was sick and then continued to ignore his calls/texts.  I need to learn to reject with class and tact, I know.  

I actually DID go on a date with one guy from Santa Monica.  Oh wow, it was a big fat mess.  I'm not going into details...no way.  I just look back and laugh.



So here I am AGAIN!!!  I'm hearing the same commercials x 2!  But this time I'm in a different city (LA) and I'm in a different stage in my life.  I'm definitely ready to meet someone.  I've been single for a little over 3 years now.  I finally feel like I'm figuring myself out and I'm up for the challenge of figuring someone else out!  I feel like I have so much to give...love, laughter, loyalty...and it isn't being used to its full extent; I want to give it away and I want this energy reciprocated.

Hhmmm...should I do it??  Should I give Eharmony a second chance?  I've never met an actual couple that has met through this, but I've heard of plenty.  This is my year for happiness, I've already determined that.  But is it possible to find it online???    

4 comments:

A Soul on Fire... said...

It's possible, just remember you don't really know a person 'til you meet them face to face. So online, it's a "starter" I say. But also a great place for wierdos..ha ha

Momista Beginnings said...

True...I've found plenty of weirdos out in the world, too. They love me. So, what do i have to lose?? ha, right...

A Soul on Fire... said...

ha ha, right..Nothing to lose then, other than $130. Do they have a 1 month option...

Momista Beginnings said...

bring on the weirdos! ummm, soooo...i am now a second time subscriber to eHarmony.com. i just bought 6-months!!! i'm actually going to take it seriously this time. swallow all my insecurities and get out there!!! i'm ready to be swept off my feet =)