Monday, January 12, 2009

"Loser" update!

It's been ONE whole week since the biggest loser challenge began.  I worked very hard, sweat a LOT, ate appropriately and consumed NO alcohol =)  Yes, I feel the burn...it hurts to stand and sit today.  That still didn't stop me from doing a small workout this morning.  BUT...I feel amazing on the inside!  After running, I'm incredibly happy, can't stop smiling, nothing in my world is wrong, I feel like I could do anything.  It's a thousand feelings at once that you can't get from anything else...it's so worth it.  No pain, no gain!  Anyways...here's my progress in numbers:


Oh, first let me say...I'm actually going to give up my initial weight...GASP!  whhaaaattt???!!!  I KNOW!  I can hardly believe it myself....BUT...i've given it a lot of thought.  Why have I been hiding behind a stupid number?  It doesn't define me.  It doesn't make me any less amazing than anyone else...no one will cross me off their list of friends after hearing it!  Quality not quantity, right?  And I know without a doubt that I am quality....it manifests through my actions, not my appearance.  

However, the pounds I carry show a bit of carelessness and represent internal struggle.  I know I have been an emotional eater and I turn to either food, shopping or alcohol to temporarily void the issues (dumb Pisces addictive personality).  This is my attempt to take responsiblity for my actions.  I'm owning up to all the poor choices I've made by putting them out on the table, looking them over and making a change.  I know there will be times that I give in to temptation, but this is a process; have patience.  Nothing happens overnight, and what's important is how I deal with minor setbacks.  I'm choosing to no longer beat myself up over small slip-ups, instead I'll forgive myself because tomorrow is a new day to make things right again and because...well, I'm human.    

Ok, ok....the numbers:


Pounds...

Week 1: 
January 5, 2009   -  146 lbs.

Week 2:
January 12, 2009 -  141 lbs.

*The heaviest I've ever been is 165 lbs!!!!!  Unacceptable.  Never again.






Inches... (over the past few weeks)

Bust:  above (under arms)  
           lost 1 inch
           lower (under bra)      
           lost 1/2 inch
Waist:   lost 1 1/2 inches
Hips:     lost 1 inch

I think I'm off to a good start!  

*Nothing tastes better than what thin feels like

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your in the money,,, your in the money,,,,,,,

Momista Beginnings said...

Yay, I hope so!!! =)
Of course, I'm a winner no matter what happens in the end...I just REALLY want to be a winner with a fat wallet!