Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday sights and smells

I can't believe Dominic's never heard of the Christmas lights SPECTACLE at Hastings Ranch. There are literally blocks of houses that participate in fully decorating their homes, a few outdoing themselves. Each block has a theme to help the viewers keep track of which street they've seen by posting a candy cane cut-out (for example) on each tree or lamp post on that particular street, another street may have a bell, or a dove, etc. It's too late for this year, but seeing how lovely these homes were only inspired us to get a little more light crazy next year.


Yes, Hastings Ranch was impressive, but it was more exciting to find people in our OWN neighborhood getting all decked out. We took my mom with us and found some great finds. We even found a house that has all the lights rigged so that they light up to the beat/rhythm of selected Christmas songs on a set radio station that we tuned to while viewing the house. There's a video below, but it's much better in person.

Another tradition, baking holiday cookies for my friends and family. I LOVE to bake...LoVe it! I always keep a few favorite recipes that always work and taste great, like my brownies and chocolate chip cookies. I've found amazing recipes for them and have nearly perfected them. A few new ones I tried this year were white chocolate and peppermint cookies, peanut butter kiss cookies and some red velvet cookies with cream cheese and peppermint frosting (not pictured).

0 comments: