Sunday, December 13, 2009

Let's Go Fly a Kite...

...up to the highest hight. Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring. Up through the atmosphere, up where the air is clear, oh let's gooooo fly a kite!

C'mon, name that movie. Duh, Marry Poppins :)
Well that's just what we did. We woke up late on a cold windy Sunday and I thought what a perfect day to fly a kite. And can you believe it, I've never flown one before. I'm realizing now that I missed out on a bunch of the most simple yet fun childhood pastimes...I mean, it was last year in Decemeber that I made my first snow man. Anyways, Dominic agreed and pulled out the coolest kite I've seen from his garage. It's a hawk!
We drove to the Rose Bowl since they have a huge grassy area used for soccer fields and we of course, threw the frisbee around with Roxi. What a fun activity that I don't think will ever get old, no matter how old you get. The hawk started veering to one side after a while so we had to call it quits, but from here on out I'm keeping my eye out for unique and interesting kites to try and will keep my hopes up for more windy days :)

Look who we found right by the truck. We were just about to leave when Dominic spotted him pushing dirt out of his hole and grabbing grass and pulling it back in. He wasn't scared at all when Dominic got real close and handed him more plants. The little guy took it right from his hand. He was pretty cute and distracted us for at least 15 minutes.

0 comments: