Thursday, March 18, 2010

Initiating...year 27





Let's back up a few weeks to Sunday, March 7...my birthday!
It was a pretty crazy, stressful weekend. The first celebration came on Friday after work. Kasia had planned a dinner with me after work...little did I know that she had arranged a little surprise get together at Los Gringos Locos with a group of co-workers. Tricky girl. Well, because I had NO IDEA...i had some dramarama go on before and I ended up being 45 min late to dinner. The guests had already gone through 3 bowls of guacamole and their first round of drinks. Kasia blindfolded me on the ride there and into the restaurant. I felt so bad for not being on time and I looked all teary eyed and upset. I tried my best to brush it off and have a good time, starting with a giant fish bowl sized margarita. Kasia gave me my first bday gift, a Bob Marley puzzle! It's so rad, and she knows I'm into puzzles, and Bob, and would need a little distraction that weekend. THANK YOU KASIA! I love it :)

We then went to Fat Dog with about half of the people that came to dinner and..yup, got drunk :) That will happen after a few shots of tequila, jager bomb, and a few jack n gingers. A little more drama sneaked into the bar, but I really did try to forget about if for the night. I have some pretty great co-workers that know how to have a good time. I've never had a surprise party before...It felt pretty special having the night dedicated to ME.


Saturday, I had a nice little hungover breakfast with my brother in Glendale...his treat ;) It was nice catching up with him. That night for dinner, I went to Trader Vic's in Los Angeles with my brother and parents.. It's a Hawaiian infused restaurant that's known for great food and even better drinks. The drink menu takes longer to read through than the actual menu. It was a lovely evening, I ordered lamb for the first time. For dessert, the waitress brought out a special treat for mine and Chris' birthdays. Very cool :)

Sunday, my actual birthday, was not at all what I had hoped for. I was supposed to go to Disneyland, the happiest place on earth. Instead, I had a lonely and really upsetting day. I think it was the worst birthday I've ever had. I did get some new perfume from my mom, though. And she made a nice breakfast for me..waffles with strawberries and bananas and some scrambled eggs. The night ended a little better than it had started, with an unexpected trip to FroyoLife with Dominic. I'm glad that weekend is out of the way.....

...and now I'm ready to PARTY!!!....this Saturday night at my birthday party (3-way bday with Joe and Steph)! It's cocktail attire, dress to impress. The dress and heels will be on and I can't wait to see all my friends that are coming out from far and wide! (Arizona, San Diego, Chico)
Time to celebrate the right way :)

0 comments: