Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mr. Green Thumb

Last weekend, the rains let up and left us with a perfect day to garden. I know that Dominic's been wanting to plant veggies, fruits and flowers like CRAZY and has been running out of room in his yard. I don't doubt it's been in the back of his mind to expand the garden, but as soon as I took a look around, and before I could even get all the words out of my mouth, "Hey, why don't you use all this extra yard space to..." he was ALL OVER IT. "Yes! Let's do it. Now you've done it, now you've got me going." :) That's exactly what we did. He put up more fence, we pulled old roots out from the soil and began the initial planting. Notice the stepping stones in the first pic? Yeah, I put those in ;)
The large plant in the bottom left corner is an artichoke! Mmmmm, love em :) And here are 3 out of his 4 chickens. I like watching them move around, especially when they run. I can't help but laugh :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just got a ton of seeds in the mail... guess what im doing this weekend,.