Monday, March 22, 2010

Mustashio Bashio!

For the past few years, my good friends Joe and Stephanie and I have celebrated our birthdays together since we're all March kids. This year, the theme was cocktail attire while wearing mustaches. I'm a loser, I didn't get one. But plenty other guests did to make the night pretty interesting. We look sharp..us before heading out.
We started off with dinner at Buca de Beppo, party of 24!
I'm always trying to get a smile from him in pictures...i never have any luck. I probably wouldn't have to take so many if the first one is a success.
At the end of dinner, the 3 birthday guests got a giant candle in a jar and a loud song :)
I made my popular Red Wine Cupcakes (with cream cheese frosting) and some tuxedo sugar cookies (that went with our fancy theme).
Afterwards, we were supposed to head over to Pop, a cute champagne bar but I guess they never got the word on our party coming so they were close to capacity and couldn't accomodate us. Instead, we partied at Vive which was only a few doors down...thanks to Dom's friend Shax, who knows the owner and got our now party of at least 40 in for free (instead of $15 cover). We quickly got our own little lounge area set up and ordered 2 rounds of bottle service (Greygoose and mixers). Vive later gave us 2 buckets of free beer as a thanks, I guess. Check out this sign that was over our seats...and Brian enforcing the law :) The left picture is of my favorite mustache of the night belonging to Alain...and yes it's real! I was so excited to see him, I had no idea he was coming. I thought he was still traveling through New Zealand. Great surprise:)
A few other great surprises were seeing a few of Dominic's friends there. I had invited them, but didn't know or think they were coming. He kept it a secret from me. I told him I thought he was pretty awesome for doing that. Hippo (top pic) came up from San Diego.
I borrowed Reno's stache for this photo op. The bottom pic is of the birthday threesome, Steph, myself and Joe (who came down from Chico).
Here are a few more mustaches. Brian (top left) is sporting real facial hair, Reno (top right) made hers herself and came up from San Diego with her fiance, Ryan. My brother (bottom left) improvised his stache and left his disc golf tourney in Yucaipa to party for a few hours before driving back that night. Steve (flew in from AZ) and Alain (bottome right) were also wearing real staches as well :)
Here we have one of my BEST friends, Jason (left pic, who drove from San Diego with his GF, Marissa) wearing what he called an "awesome undershirt"...it lights up and blinks to the beat of music. Another good friend of mine, Art (right pic), drove up from San Diego and then back again that night..or I should say morning. I think he left around 3am after sushi. Crazy yo!
My lovely Kasia accompanied me on the dance floor a few times and was the contributor to our first round of bottle service. She said it's cool, she'd regret it in the morning. Thanks love!
I honestly couldn't believe how many people showed up and I was so happy that everyone I love was in the same room celebrating me and my 2 friends. It was our night and everyone had a blast. I was on cloud 9 almost the whole night...until I fell hard at the end.
I ended up in tears after saying some nasty things to someone I love because they had offended me so much. I couldn't believe the night ended the way it did...it was shocking. The person I wanted there the most, wanted to leave before the night was over, without me...and instead was selfish and wanted to put their needs before mine..on MY night. I would NEVER have done that, not even considered it. It was and still is hurtful. Another birthday (it's been 3 weeks since the last) that turned ugly.
After all the drama, I met a few friends at Wokano for some 2:30am sushi and to wind down.
The next day, Kasia, her baby and I went to meet Jason and his gf at the farmer's market and for a little Mexican brunch. The day was beautiful and we were all recovering from the night before. Kasia and I split and tried to do a little shopping, no such luck...but Victoria kept us entertained by trying to climb all over the shopping cart and sticking her finger in her nose. She was definitely in a silly mood and she helped to keep a smile on my face.
THANK YOU to everyone who came and made the night so special and for reminding me how lucky I am to have such amazing, hilarious and loyal friends. I love you guys!
XO

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting