Monday, June 14, 2010

kids are funny...

So all day today, I've been finishing up the last of my student's artwork that they're making for their Father's Day letters. I have to attach all of their letters (written in class) to all of the artwork they do with me. I read through them and wanted to share a few really cute and funny lines that some wrote to their dads :)

  • "Thank you for rubbing my head while I fall asleep." -Emerson, 6yrs old
  • "I like it when we do the conga in the pool." -Nicole, 6yrs old
  • "I like to eat rice and bananas with you." -Ryan, 5yrs old
  • "I know you can't see your colors well but deep inside you know your colors." -Wendy, 5yrs old
  • "I like making cushion mountains with you." -Emma, 7yrs old
  • "Thank you for giving me this kind of life. Thank you for loving me." -Chloe, 8yrs old
  • "I would get you a new car, but I don't have that much money, so I will get you a card with love in it." -Jack, 8yrs old
  • "I want to get you a ticket to ride a submarine on Father's Day."

Okay, so now....for a tearjerker. Prepare yourself.

"Dear Dad,
I wish you were here with me. I love you so much. If I had one wish in the whole world I would wish for you to be here. I wish I could be with you right now. I don't want anything else but you. I remember when we went to the zoo. We took pictures and we saw the animals. I also remember when you read a book to me. I felt so scared when you were in the hospital. When I was in the garden room, my mom said that my dad is in heaven. I felt like crying all day. Now, I feel a little bit sad, but now I feel better. I feel better because I know that you are in a good place. I miss you so much.
Love,
Madison"

I had no idea that this student of mine lost her father. She is 8 years old. I learned while doing these projects that ANOTHER student of mine (6 years old) also did, too, but when she was a baby.

These letters are priceless and so precious. I can't wait to read the adorable and meaningful words of my own kids one day :) Is it weird to say that I love them already?! Even though I have absolutely no clue as to when I will get to meet them??? Wow, so much love.

0 comments: