Monday, June 21, 2010

My first weekend...

...OFF!!!
Yup, since I'm a teacher at a school, I get the holidays they do. I have 3 weeks off of work until I start teaching over summer school :)
I kicked off the weekend with a little night with the ladies. Nichole, Kasia and I watched the movie, New Moon. I just finished the book, too. Honestly, I wasn't crazy about the movie. I was falling asleep through it. I loved the first, though. I'm now starting to read the 3rd book, Eclipse. Woohoo :)
We had a little BBQ on Saturday afternoon with Nichole, Kasia and Victoria. Nichole made some great shish kabobs with chicken, shrimp, veggies and corn on the cob and potatoes.She made an interesting (but really good) appetizer. It's a bread roll sprinkled with walnuts and cinnamon and Brie in the middle, then baked. I made some Funfetti cupcakes :)
We liked splashing in the cuzzi, too :)

Kasia's birthday was celebrated (a week early) at J Lounge in downtown LA. We all had a great time dancing and sipping on a few drinks.Us? Reserved??? HA! Aw, just kidding. We're two classy broads :) Oh, and btw...I LOVE my new heels.
Just a handful of the lovely ladies that showed up :)
There's the birthday girl, shaking her booty on the dance floor :) Happy (early) Birthday, dear!

0 comments: