Monday, June 14, 2010

when i'm NOT watching WC...

I'm...

*teaching art to kiddos
*running at the Rose Bowl at 6am on a Saturday morning
*hitting up the $2 tank top sale at Old Navy (Saturday only)
*getting in line at REI's used gear sale, 5 minutes before they open it (LONG line!!!)
*giggling to myself while watching the 1st people in that line jump over items to race to the ones they want
*buying hiking poles for an upcoming trip
*making faces at THIS cute little baby during slower parts of the World Cup England vs USA game at Kasia's house...and eating her homemade burgers :) (this pic was actually taken at Target a few days earlier)*enjoying a bright sunny day at a co-worker's birthday bbq with Kasia, along with other good company and watching a friendly game of volleyball in his backyard*napping
*heading to the local sports bar with Kasia to watch the UFC fight (Chuck went DOWN!)...and to be hit on, annoyed, entertained, weirded out by a really drunk guy...which turned chaotic because other men in the bar had taken notice to this and would come up to us to ask if we needed him taken care of...yikes.
*sticking around the bar a little later to hang out with Dominic...and ending the night with him.
*waking up to the end of a World Cup game
*spending my Sunday at home to clean my room, do laundry, organize a bunch of junk, work on my budget, watch 2 new movies (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs...and Ghost Town), both of which I liked.*having a delicious homemade Sushi dinner, hosted by Dominic's sister and her husband at their home along with Dom's dad. Wow, it was really good :)
*ending the night with a book (New Moon) in my hand...i'm a little over 1/5 of the way through :)

With all of THAT....I've still managed to fit in all the hours needed to watch every World Cup game so far. I LOVE soccer. I played it for 8 years..and in high school. I miss it. I'm going to attempt to play it again, practicing with my brother and his adult league team until I'm confident enough to play on my own team :)

And guess what??....I've decided that I'm going to the World Cup 2014 in Brazil!!! Savings are beginning now. I've already got 3 or 4 others who are down for this, too. Woohoo!

0 comments: