Wednesday, June 16, 2010

some hand made love

I started this morning with low spirits. I showed up to work with no improvement and was eager for the day to end when it had barely even begun. To my surprise, two of my favorite little students (brothers Ethan, 4yrs old and Brandon, 6yrs old) came into my classroom before class started with these little hand made cards. They both had the most adorable smiles on their faces, they handed me my gifts and gave me great little hugs. I thanked them and they left. I then read their lovely words on the back of the cards and actually cried. It's amazing what power a little love and appreciation hold. It makes me feel like something I'm doing is actually shaping and affecting the lives of others in a positive and memorable way...like I'm important :) This kind and thoughtful gesture carried me through the rest of the day with more comfort.

That's ME painting at an easel :)
...and the back.
I love you, too, Ethan!
xoxo

0 comments: