Thursday, November 5, 2009

My little artists

The school I work at had their book fair last night and tonight at the Barnes & Noble at the Americana. It's a fundraiser that raises money for our school by giving a percentage from the books bought by our parents and families. Every student from 4 years old to our 8th graders had a piece of their artwork displayed on the walls and windows of a section on the 2nd floor. It looked amazing, thanks to a handful of parents and Miss Kathy (other art teacher) for spending hours hanging up the artwork. Kathy and I worked so hard over the past week or so finishing up the artwork with our kids and then framing it all and labeling it for this little presentation. I think all the hard work, late hours at the office and extra hours at home were worth it once I saw the look on my students faces last night as they ran all over searching for their art. They'd point it out to mom and dad and their friends and snap pictures of it. I was really impressed with the night and with my kids' hard work :)

Left: 4 year olds, cities. Right: 5 year olds, Piet Mondrian inspired

Left: Monet's Japanese Footbridge by my 2nd/3rd grade. Right: Kathy's work & mine

Left: Edvard Munch's "The Scream" by my 1st/2nd graders. Right: Van Gogh inspired sunflowers by my 1st graders

Top: Taking a few steps back to admire it all
Bottom: Kindergarteners/1st graders creatures from Where The Wild Things Are


0 comments: