Monday, November 2, 2009

A Halloween "Catch"


I can't believe I put together my costume ON Halloween, finishing a few hours before heading out for the night. I had spent the week THINKING about what I wanted to do, mentally planning it out. I went shopping all over town on Saturday afternoon to buy the rest of the materials I needed along with my brother who bought all his materials for his costume that day, too. Procrastination could run in the family.
I was a fish this year...a fisherman's catch, Dom being the fisherman :) I bought a black dress from Marshall's and spray painted most of it silver. I then drew scales with a black sharpie and individually glued large sequins randomly all over as shiny scales. I found a greenish boa that belongs to a mermaid costume and draped it over my shoulder as moss. I also made a fishing hook out of a silver pipe cleaner and bobby pinned it to the side of my hair. I bought face paint and painted scales on my forehead and blue fish lips on my lips. I already had a shiny silver pair of pumps from a costume last year

My brother was Max from the book Where The Wild Things Are! I loved it! It was actually my idea since I really wanted to create a cute girl version for me this year...but Dom didn't want to be one of my monsters from the story. My mom helped him make it by sewing together a grey hoody to matching sweat pants so it would be like a "onesie" and then Chris created wolf ears, black whiskers, a gold crown and a scepter. It was coooooool :)
Dom looked great in his fishermen gear. It all looked very familiar to what he wore on our Bishop trip :) He actually wore his waders and carried around a fishing pole. Of course, he sported his favorite hat (John Deere) which he looks oh so handsome in btw :)
Our friend, Alain, borrowed an old costume of my brother's...a UPS guy with a package of broken glass. He kicked it around all night, like Jim Carrey did in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. Kasia was WAY TOO CUTE as Mary and her lovely daughter was her little lamb! Kasia carried around a cut out picture of Victoria all night :) "And everywhere that Mary went her lamb was sure to go."
We had fun that night hanging out with a group of Dom's friends and their significant others. Vampires and a chick Elvis were among their costumes. We also saw another friend later who dressed up as "Alan" from the movie, The Hangover...of course he brought along baby "Carlos"..not at the table Carlos! :)

Here, fishy fishy ;)

0 comments: