Saturday, November 14, 2009

garage sale <3

Last weekend, Dominic's family had their 15th annual "last garage sale" garage sale :) Some of his family got together to claim their spot on his aunt's driveway or lawn to sell some of the "junk" they've collected. We arrived a bit after 7am and stayed into the afternoon. Dom and I had front row on the small piece of grass by the road. I've been collecting bags of clothing that have become too big for me, some of it has never been worn with tags on them or I've worn maybe twice. I've actually been meaning to bring it all into work to sell because I often get compliments on what I wear so I figure I can get better deals there. I only made $11 off of 3 items here...I know, I priced some things for a little more than you'd expect to see at a garage sale but these are QUALITY items that I paid good money for...so I can wait to see what I get for them at work. Dominic made a little over $100! Nice job :) We had a yummy dinner that night at Blue Fish, one of our favorite sushi spots near home.
Can you believe no one bought these sombreros divertidos!? We never get bored.

Dom and I have become quite the garage sale enthusiasts. Lately, we've been spending free Saturday mornings garage sale hunting. We drive through our neighborhood and over to the Pasadena area. A month ago or so, I found this awesomely blue trunk for $15. It's in great condition, it's been on my list of things to find AND I love the color. It currently holds art supplies AND hiking gear/supplies. Jackpot.
Dom found a really cool North Face jacket for $5 from the same sale..great for hikes or camping.

0 comments: