Monday, November 2, 2009

OktoBEERfest

Another year, another Oktoberfest in Montrose...yet the same familiar friendly faces are out. I swear, in 9 out of 10 pics my brother will be making some random, funny face. I always crack up while looking back at my pictures at the end of the night. Kasia, Dom and I hit the street pretty late that night...in fact when we got there, all the ticket booths ran out of tickets. We weren't able to buy any beer! We scored a few free cups from friends fortunately.

Once the fest was over, we stopped by 818 hoping to get a drink. They were packed and by the time we got in and to the bar, they had made their last call already (and it was only about 11pm or so). I think they may have been understaffed and couldn't handle all the booze hounds...like the ones below! My brother's friend was in costume and was taking off, so they switched clothes in the parking lot. How festive.


So then we all went across the street to the Blue Moon. I've never been a big fan of this bar, I've always thought it was sort of lame so I had low expectations but we were still in need of a drink. Surprisingly, the bar was packed and had a really good DJ so a few kids were dancing and everyone was having a great time. Even Dom participated on the dance floor...as my "pole." He just stands there, arms up, and I do all the work ;)
I like this pic ;)

0 comments: