Friday, January 29, 2010

Sickness & RAIN!

It rained last week, is an understatement. It came down for 3-4 days straight, pretty much. My mister lives up the mountain by some burned areas from some major fires that hit a few months ago so there's been high concern around his neighborhood and others much higher up every time it rains. His street was actually put under mandatory evacuation last week for a few days due to the dangers of mudslides. I practically lived at his house for 5 days because I was SICK and out from work all week. I was light headed, small fever, COUGHING, sneezing, night sweats and cold in the day. When I heard I could get onto his street before the cops locked it down I headed over and neither of us could leave until it was lifted. My sick self was stuck on the couch with blankets, soups, teas, meds and movies. Dominic watched over me...he had nothing better else to do :) His dad was recovering in the hospital during all of this so it was just the 2 of us and the pets.

This pic is on our "first day out" once the skies cleared and the evac was lifted. We drove around to scope out the "damage" in the area and took a little stroll through a disc golf course in La Canada. Roxi went nuts digging in a gopher hole. She kept going...a digging fool. It was pretty funny...I guess you do crazy things when you're pent up in a house for days :) Love that pup...and the beautiful skies after it rains.

AND I LOVE THAT CRAZY BEARD ON MY HANDSOME MOUNTAIN MAN ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for keeping me from going crazy...
Being trapped at home made me realize how little food storage i have...
hmmm... Costco?